Glenn Grothman (b. July 3, 1955) is currently a member of the United States House of Representatives representing Wisconsin’s 6th Congressional District as a Republican. Previously, he served as a member of the Wisconsin State Senate representing the 20th Senate District from 2005 to 2015. Before being elected to the Senate, Grothman was elected to the State Assembly in a 1993 special election before moving to the State Senate.
Early Life and Education
Grothman was born in Milwaukee on July 3, 1955. He is a graduate of Homestead (Mequon) High School and earned both his Bachelor of Business Administration and Juris Doctor from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Before becoming a legislator, Grothman practiced law in West Bend for 10 years. Glenn is also a member of the Kiwanis-West Bend Early Risers, the Washington County Bar Association, the Loyal Order of the Moose-West Bend, the UW-Madison Alumni Association of Washington County, and serves on the Board for the Kettle Moraine Symphony.
Grothman began his legislative career in the Wisconsin State Assembly by winning a special election in December 1993. He was reelected to the Assembly from 1994 to 2002. In 2004, Grothman was elected to the Senate, and was re-elected twice in 2008 and 2012. During his Legislative tenure, Grothman has held the Assembly Majority Caucus Vice Chairperson from 1999 to 2003, the Senate Minority Caucus Chairperson from 2007 to 2010, the Assistant Minority Leader in 2009, and Senate Assistant Majority Leader from 2011 to 2015.
- Committee on Finance
- Committee on Judiciary and Labor
- Committee on Senate Organization
- Committee on Workforce Development, Forestry, Mining, and Revenue
- Joint Committee on Finance
- Joint Committee on Legislative Organization
- Special Committee on Improving Educational Opportunities in High School
- Special Committee on Symposia Series on State Income Tax Reform Information
- Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
Per Diem and Economic Interest Statements
- December 2013 Per Diem Statement
- January-November 2013 Per Diem Statement
- 2012 Per Diem Statement
- 2011 Per Diem Statement
Glenn Grothman is Christian.