Milwaukee County is the state’s largest county in terms of population. According to the Wisconsin Department of Administration, the estimated population of Milwaukee County for 2013 stands at 950,410 people. This represents a 0.3% increase from the 2010 Census. The County Seat is the city of Milwaukee.
The following are municipalities in Milwaukee County. Population listed in parenthesis is based off of 2013 estimates from the Wisconsin Department of Administration.
- Brown Deer (12,086)
- Fox Point (6,630)
- Greendale (14,165)
- Hales Corner (7,691)
- River Hills (1,587)
- Shorewood (13,189)
- West Milwaukee (4,205)
- Whitefish Bay (14,126)
Key employers that are based in Milwaukee County are:
- AT&T Wisconsin-Telecommunications
- Aurora Health Care-Regional Health System Headquartered in Milwaukee.
- BMO Harris Bank-Regional Bank
- Badger Meter-World Headquarters based in Milwaukee.
- Briggs and Stratton-World Headquarters based in Milwaukee.
- Caterpillar Mining-World Headquarters based in South Milwaukee.
- Harley-Davidson-World Headquarters based in Milwaukee.
- Johnson Controls-World Headquarters based in Milwaukee.
- Joy Global-World Headquarters based in West Milwaukee.
- Miller Coors-Beer Brewery based in Milwaukee.
- Northwestern Mutual-World Headquarters based in Milwaukee.
- Roundy’s Supermarkets-Discount Supermarket Chain Headquartered in Milwaukee
- Wheaton-Franciscan Health Care-Regional Health System Headquartered in Glendale
- US Bank-Regional Bank Headquarters based in Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin Energy-Electric and Natural Gas Holdings based in Milwaukee.
The following are elected officials serving Milwaukee County Government at the Countywide level.
|County Executive||Chris Abele||Democratic|
|District Attorney||John Chisolm||Democratic|
|Sheriff||David A. Clarke||Democratic|
|County Clerk||Joseph Czarnecki||Democratic|
|Treasurer||Daniel J. Diliberti||Democratic|
|Register of Deeds||John LaFave||Democratic|
Milwaukee County is one of thirteen counties to use an elected County Executive to lead the day to day operations of county government. The County Executive is elected to a four-year term.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors is the Legislative branch of county government. 18 people currently serve on the board and are elected to four year terms.
- Milwaukee County
- Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors
- Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Office of Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele