Robin Vos (b. July 5, 1968) is currently a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly representing the 63rd District and also serves as the Speaker of the Assembly. Vos represents Western Racine County including Burlington and Rochester and is currently in his fifth term.
Early Life and Education
In 1986, Vos graduated from Burlington High School. Five years later, Vos graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1991 with a Bachelor’s degree. While as a student at UW-Whitewater, he was nominated by Governor Tommy Thompson to serve as a student member of the UW-System Board of Regents in 1989. Vos served on the Board of Regents until 1991.
From 1994 to 1996, Robin Vos worked for Congressman Mark Neumann (R-WI-1st District) as his District Director. Once leaving Congress, Vos started his own business called RoJo’s Popcorn Company based in Burlington, WI.
While running his popcorn business, Robin was elected to the Racine County Board of Supervisors in 1994. Vos served on the Racine County Board for 10 years before resigning from his position in 2004 after being elected to the Assembly. Vos was first elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2004 and has been re-elected four times to the 63rd District.
Speaker Vos serves on the following committees:
- Joint Legislative Council
- Committee on Assembly Organization
- Committee on Employment Relations
- Committee on Rules
- Joint Committee on Employment Relations
- Joint Committee on Legislative Organization
- Special Committee on State Symposia on Income Tax Reduction
Wisconsin Assembly-District 63-2012 General Election
|Robin Vos (GOP)-INC||17,704||58.30%|
|Kelly Albrecht (DEM)||12,637||41.60%|
Wisconsin Assembly-District 63-2010 General Election
|Robin Vos (GOP)-INC||19,525||99.40%|
Wisconsin Assembly-District 63-2008 General Election
|Robin Vos (GOP)-INC||20,172||61.50%|
|Linda Flashlinski (DEM)||12,609||38.40%|
2014 Race for the Assembly
Vos is challenging Democrat Andy Mitchell for the 63rd District Assembly seat. He is endorsed by the following organizations:
- Dairy Business Association
- National Rifle Association
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau
- Wisconsin Grocers Association
- Wisconsin Restaurant Association
- Wisconsin Right to Life
Vos is single and resides in Burlington. Outside of the Legislature, the Speaker is a member of Rotary Club, Knights of Columbus, and the Racine-Kenosha Farm Bureau.
- Official Website of Assembly Speaker Robin Vos
- Robin Vos for Assembly-Campaign Website
- Robin Vos at the Republican Assembly Campaign Committee